Q. How do I get captions to play in Windows Media Player on the computer in my classroom at Purdue University?
A. Login to the computer in the classroom. Run Windows Media Player, then check the following settings. These settings must be set properly for captions to be seen.
- Press Alt+P to show the Play menu.
- Under the Play menu, set Lyrics, Captions and Subtitles to On if available.
- Press Alt+T to show the Tools menu.
- Under the Tools menu, select Options, then click on the Security tab.
- Check the box for Show local captions when present.
- Click OK.
Close and restart Windows Media Player for the changes to take effect. These changes will stay in place in your account on computers used for teaching in the classroom.