We are fortunate to have access to the Qualtrics Survey Tool as our university-wide survey instrument. Qualtrics is a wonderful tool; simple and easy to get started, yet detailed and in depth enough to create a survey with any numbers of bells and whistles. In addition to workshops delivered by ITaP, the company has a web site geared solely toward customer education call Qualtrics University. On this site you can view video tutorials on a range of topics, as well as read about coding and other tips and techniques. As with most companies today, Qualtrics also has a presence on social media, Facebook or Twitter, as well as a phone hot line where you can get help.
In June, 2012 the company released new and improved features we now have available to us. Several, though not all, of them are shown below:
- Download Responses in Progress – Analyze respondent data, even if they haven’t yet completed the survey.
- Search and Replace – Quickly find and/or replace any text in your survey (that includes HTML, too)
- Build survey logic, pre-fill user-forms, and run stats based on where your respondents are located…without even asking them.
- Piped Text with Default Choices – Pre-fill a text entry question with respondent data and increase those response rates.
- GeoIP Location
- Batch Upload to Library – Click, drag, and drop images right into your Qualtrics library.
- Verify your survey respondents using the new Captcha item type.
- Duplicate in Survey Flow – Easily duplicate any Survey Flow element and save yourself some time.
- Resize Text Entry – Click and drag text entry boxes to resize as needed.